About Me

My photo
Vintage Jewellery for the Modern girl. Feminine but edgy with a hint of rock n roll pedigree. These pieces are handpicked from all over the world from Havana~Naples~Morocco~Paris. All the Suzie Wheat pieces come with a spellbinding story & originally owned & loved by the most daringly different, Indedpendent,creative,charismatic girls of their time.

Wednesday 21 September 2011

Girls on Film (the filming behind the scenes on Twitter girls Calender Shoot)

Pin It
Just a small introduction all about an amazing day captured on film, which you can see below.
 On a crisp sunny almost Spring morning I jumped in my car to head off to a wonderful venue, Charlton House Spa Hotel in Somerset.  I threw a leopard print holdall of heels on the back seat and a vintage luggage case containing an assortment of lace and vintage jewellery. Jumped in the car and set off on my journey feeling very excited for the day ahead. My journey was going to be hour and half max.....it took me two and a half. Got lost. Took the longest route ever. Dont ask this happens quite often!!

The reason for my journey?

The Twitter Girls Charity Calender
It all began one evening sat working on the laptop with Twitter on in the background checking in on the 'office' banter/gossip. I started noticing tweets all about 'getting involved as supplier or 'model' for a Calender that would be shot for Charity. Two Charity causes The Blue Lamp Foundation and Help4Heroes.  I thought what a great idea and offered pieces of vintage jewellery for the shoots and then found myself offering my bod!! Never done anything like it before and thought it would be a fantastice experience. It was. Now I am not a natural in front of the camera. Point one at me and what seconds before was a lovely smile turns into a mix of feckless and grimace.

The lovely Gina was the brilliant organiser rallying the troops which was no mean feat when you include 4 beautiful venues, 4 fantastic photographers, masses of props and 3 wonderful underwear suppliers.

Our shoot was to be documented on film by the amazing FX Films the movie has since been nominated for an award for ProVideo 2011. How exciting, fingers crossed for the guys on that!


 The images shot by the fantastic TP Photography. Here's one I shot of him shooting us on the final shot of the day!

Helping us to get camera ready was the very clever and talented Makeup by Trish

The models were -(named as I first knew them-by their twitter names) @RubyWeddings @ToastMasterd @thewedcommunity @eahardie @bohobride and myself @thatbirdsuzie besides the previous model and organiser @byginaevents

See what happened on the day
View the Movie here

 Right we are still raising money and you can pre order your copy here.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Gina for organising what was a great day for a great cause. Tp Photography for being a talented and fun photographer. FX Films for being fantastic and so unobtrusive I had forgotten they were filming, which is no mean feat when you're nervous about being filmed! Brilliant guys. Our talented Hair and Make up lady Trish. Last but not least the fantastic twitter birds I met that day

Thanks a Million xx

No comments:

Post a Comment