About Me

My photo
Vintage Jewellery for the Modern girl. Feminine but edgy with a hint of rock n roll pedigree. These pieces are handpicked from all over the world from Havana~Naples~Morocco~Paris. All the Suzie Wheat pieces come with a spellbinding story & originally owned & loved by the most daringly different, Indedpendent,creative,charismatic girls of their time.

Tuesday 15 February 2011

Vintage Rockabilly Gig Style

Pin It
Rockabilly Rebellion Vintage Flavour



Imelda May is one of those bands you wish you had discovered all on your own! Luckily Imelda was recommended constantly until I finally got around to listening to their stuff.
So I now have tickets for my man and I, a birthday gift for a special man!

I love the sound and the look - a very cool cat rockabilly/jazz sound. I love the look of the band, the leading lady in her wiggle dresses and heels.  I adore the guys in their straight leg suits and their Quiffs, always been a sucker for a Quiff!




The look has influenced and inspired in lots of ways.


  From 50's music and rock & roll fashion and now the quiff, the straight legged london style suit for the boys.  For the girls its quiffs & bangs, flowers in the hair, wiggle dress, flounced skirt and all the stuff in between that we still use now. To make us look individual.


Im sharing this as I have tickets to go see Imelda May at Colston Hall, Bristol. Cant wait! The new album Mayhem is an amazing get you up dancing sound. Its my current favourite.
 So now I'm deciding my look for the gig...... kind of my normal look and elements of me, but ramped up to incorporate my lifelong love of florals, vintage, girly but rock.


Hair- a straightforward Quiff but if Quiff then the back of my hair has to be pretty wild and down . Or

50's style bangs, involving lots of spray and clips.


Skinny jeans, a favourite and reliable wardrobe staple.  Accessorised with......






a splash of floral colour for the hair




A little vintage necklace. Birds flying high.... from the Suzie Wheat Vintage Collection.


Raspberry lipstick



a coral swallow print pussy bow blouse.....amazing colour. love Coral

Now all that's needed is the all important shoes...hmm difficult but it has been narrowed down to choice of two pairs



Black Mary Janes a definite fiery latin salsa dancing shoe....or Navy T-bar shoe with a hint of Beatrix Potter.
 Both very lovely shoes but more importantly comfortable. Heels are normally a no no for a gig or in fact anywhere you have to stand on your feet for longer than half an hour.  But when you're dancing i figure you dont think about how much your feet are hurting!! What do you think??





Find the Birds flying high necklace and others, to buy very soon. Please also see previous posts for vintage jewellery. Contact me suzie@suziewheatvintage.com for more information.




No comments:

Post a Comment