About Me

My photo
Vintage Jewellery for the Modern girl. Feminine but edgy with a hint of rock n roll pedigree. These pieces are handpicked from all over the world from Havana~Naples~Morocco~Paris. All the Suzie Wheat pieces come with a spellbinding story & originally owned & loved by the most daringly different, Indedpendent,creative,charismatic girls of their time.

Wednesday 16 November 2011

suckered by sequins

Pin It
"And now I'm just trying to change the world one sequin at a time" - Lady GaGa

While I've always loved vintage, I haven't always loved sequins.  I'm not sure when my love affair with sequins and my wardrobe began?   But ....they have to be done just right, just the right colour, not too big, not too small.
Now I love how they can dress up a tatty/old/casual top/jumper by throwing a delicate tulle sequinned shrug over the top. Skinny jeans.  Striped wool socks and a fabulous pair of heels. I like how they give my beanie/beret a subtle sparkle oomph. I adore my full on sequinned French Connection pencil skirt in hues of blues it sparkles and shimmers like a Mermaids tail


shot for Elle Russia image via a glamorous little side project 

I have been 'perusing' and I've chosen my favourite inspired sequin pieces around

gorgeousness

zigzag sequin clutch from M&S

party dress via Topshop
sequin embellish via anthropologie

Gwen Stefani shot for Instyle magazine via fashion gone rogue


dressed down sequins from asos psst its now reduced!
sequin bow tie

Kate Spade - love! Image via golden means blog



shorts + sequins

mittens (reduced)
wool sequin skirt. ladylike love buy Anthropologie

dress from Djuna Bel's wardrobe via the wonderful blog closet visit

Galliano ss11 via the divine Ulyana Sergeenko

image via fashion gone rogue shot for free people


 
sequin saturn from Markus Lupfer via Selfridges

studded sequin heels from Heather Taylor's wardrobe via closet visit....... j'adore

glam rock sequins from Warehouse

limited edition dress sequin bodice with tulle skirt from free people



leather & sequin bag from Marni 2010

sequin dressing up box as shot for W magazine discovered via Coco's Tea Party

sequin prettiness


Glitter sequin socks via the gorgeously gritty Johnnys Bird


oh want! buy here 

 image via the fabulous Simone LeBlanc Inc

this is how to wear them! Sequin Skinnies image via This is Glamorous
sweet sequin bird via Topshop


image with thanks via closet visit


delicate lace and sequins by Shakuhachi (throw over a woolen jumper) find here

love.....image courtesy Frou Frou Fashionista

No comments:

Post a Comment